Waiver & Release of Liability
In consideration of being allowed to participate in the Lansing Parks and Recreation Department’s athletic/sports programs, you acknowledge, and agree that:
- There is a risk of injury from the activities involved in the program, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death.
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risk, both known and unknown, and I assume full responsibility for my participation in this program.
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation in this program. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring the hazard to the attention to the nearest official immediately.
I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE CITY, ITS OFFICIALS, AGENTS, AND/OR EMPLOYEES, FOR ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO ME OR MY PROPERTY, WHETHER ARISING FROM NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER CAUSE.
Individual Player Code of Conduct
No Individual Shall:
- Be guilty of objectionable demonstration of dissent by throwing playing equipment or any other forceful action.
- Discuss with an official, in any manner, the decision reached by an official except the manager, coach or captain.
- Be guilty of an abusive verbal attack upon any individual on or off the playing field/court.
- Use profane, obscene or vulgar language/behavior, in any manner, at any time, on or off the playing field/court.
- Unnecessary rough tactics in the play of game
- Be involved in any trash talking on or off the playing field/court.
- Attempt to damage, destroy or steal Parks & Recreation property.
- Drink alcoholic beverages during league play.
- Leave behind excessive trash
- Appear on the field/court of play, at any time, in an intoxicated condition or under the influence of any other type of drug which will infringe upon the individual’s safety or the safety of others.
- Be guilty of an abusive verbal attack upon any official or township staff on or off the playing field/court.
- Use excessive profane, obscene or vulgar language/behavior, in any manner, at any time, on or off the playing field/court.
- Directly or indirectly threaten another individual including officials and/or staff. (Assault charges may be filed MCL 750.81)
- Lay a hand upon, shove, strike, or threaten to strike an official or individual. (Assault charges may be filed MCL 750.81)
- Be guilty of a physical attack upon any official or individual. (Assault charges may be filed MCL 750.81)
- Be guilty of damaging, destroying or stealing Parks & Recreation, or Knockerball Lansing property.
AVERAGE JOES GLOBAL SPORTS NETWORK, LLC Activity Waiver
I acknowledge that this athletic event is an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury and property loss. The risks include, but are not limited to: actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, spectators, coaches, event officials, event monitors and/or producers of the event; lack of hydration, weather, and/or other natural conditions. I hereby assume all of the risks of participating in this event.
I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently trained for participation in this event and have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person.
I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability (AWRL) form will be used by AVERAGE JOES GLOBAL SPORTS NETWORK, LLC, and the sponsors of the event in which I may participate and it will govern my actions and responsibilities at aid event.
In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate in this event, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows: (A) Waive, release, and discharge from any and all liability for my death, disability personal injury, property damage, property theft or actions of any kind which may hereafter accrue to me or my traveling to and from this event, THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: AVERAGE JOES GLOBAL SPORTS NETWORK, LLC, and their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives and agents, the event sponsors and event volunteers, (B) indemnify and hold harmless all entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made by other individuals or entities as a result of my actions during this event.
I hereby consent to receive medical treatment that may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during this event.
I understand that at this event or related activities I may be photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the event holders, producers, sponsors, organizers, and/or assigns.
This AWRL shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under the applicable law.